Sunday, July 21, 2013

double digits

Kelsi and me having lunch at Sassy's together.
It's Awesome Time! Kelsi Leigh turned 10 years old on June 3rd. She felt like her birthday was going to be pretty boring and uneventful since we would be starting to babysit 2 boys that Monday. I had agreed to take over watching these two brothers for a little while to help pay for all of this tumbling, piano, softball, and on and on and on......that my girls like to do. June 3rd was our first day. Kelsi wasn't too thrilled about that fact. But we made it fun and went over to Rhodes Jr. High to try out the Flow Rider. We had ice cream, cake and gifts the night before. Her traditional birthday cake is an Ice cream Sandwich Cake that we make together. It's delicious. Kelsi's favorite thing to say is, "I'm awesome", so I found this shirt for her and gave it to her for her birthday.
I've decided June is almost as crazy as "end of the school year" May, and it right on up there with the business of December. I am always gung ho with the summer schedule and get the girls involved in swim and dive team, tumbling clinics and Kelsi played All Stars in softball this summer. One of the days in June, Kelsi went to swim and dive from 9-11, tumbling at 1:15, and softball practice from 7-9pm. I have a little bit of an obsession with keeping my girls busy and finding their "thing". On a day like this though, I realize it's a little out of control. No more summer tumbling clinics I've decided. We'll see if I follow through on that. But it's really fun for them and I feel that if they learn how to juggle their time a little bit, and keep busy, it will benefit them in the long run. We were finally able to schedule a birthday party for her double digit birthday on June 26th. I figured it was still her birthday month right?

 After taking these fun girls to do the Flow Rider, we stopped and got some bahama bucks. The party was super fun and I've decided way more fun than a party at my house. I loved driving these girls around and watching them interact with one another. Everything was drama free and fun. I can't believe I didn't take more pictures. I made cute little cupcakes and put them in a dollar store tumbler with M&M's inside. Everything was themed, "Hangin' 10" and turned out great. I am always so crazy with the details that I forget the pictures. Next time....
Kelsi Leigh, I love you! I secretly love that you are a "daddys girl" and am grateful you have such a wonderful dad who you can look up to. I love your smile and your hair. I love your chill, go with the flow attitude about things and you remind me to relax and calm down when I feel uptight :) You are a wonderful big sister and take such good care of them when you babysit. I have to enjoy each and every minute with you sweet girl! Time goes by way too fast!

Some of Kelsi's favorite things right now are:

Favorite food: Mashed potatoes
Favorite restaurant: Cheesecake Factory
Favorite dessert: Cherry cheesecake
Favorite singers: Kelly Clarkson, Cher Lloyd, Hunter Hays
Favorite song: Without Me by Eminem
Favorite thing to do: softball
Favorite sport: softball

No comments:

Post a Comment